10th Annual Awards Banquet & Conference
November 4 & 5, 2015
About the Venue The conference venue is the Toftrees Resort & Conference Center in State College, PA.
About the Conference Attend and learn from current and former Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Recipients in addition to our KAPE Award Recipients This two-day conference features keynote presentations from 2014 Baldrige Award Recipients.
Awards ApplicantsApplication Levels, Recognition Tiers, and Award Recipients. (KAPE uses the leading-edge Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence as the framework for fulfilling its mission is to help organizations across Pennsylvania improve their performance and outcomes.)
KAPE examiners give their time generously and enthusiastically as members of the board. Examiners make major contributions, both to the state effort to recognize and promote performance excellence and to their employing organizations.
MembersBecome a Member. (KAPE’s Mission is to be the catalyst for performance excellence in all sectors of the Pennsylvania economy) (Learn more and become a KAPE Member)
Who We Are
The Keystone Alliance for Performance Excellence (KAPE) is a 501c(3) nonprofit corporation that helps all types of organizations improve their performance and outcomes, including productivity, workforce engagement, competitiveness, and customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
We use the leading-edge Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence as the basis for our process and for giving feedback to applicants. While KAPE’s process is modeled after the prestigious Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, our process is not about “winning an Award.” It’s about using the Criteria to perform low-cost, non-prescriptive assessments in addressing each applicant’s unique challenges. Applicants have said that the KAPE process is one of the best, most cost-effective and comprehensive assessments available. All KAPE applicant organizations – regardless of size – receive public recognition for their efforts in journeying toward performance excellence.
KAPE receives no financial or resource support from the government. Our organization is funded by members and sponsors, and we rely almost entirely on volunteers who share our passion for performance excellence.
The Keystone Excellence Award is based on the eleven Core Values that are the foundation of the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. These values and concepts are the foundation for integrating key business and organizational requirements within a results-oriented framework. The core values and concepts are:
- Visionary leadership
- Managing for innovation
- Customer-driven excellence
- Management by fact
- Organizational and personal learning
- Societal responsibility
- Valuing workforce members and partners
- Focus on results and creating value
- Systems perspective
- Focus on the future
- Encourage Pennsylvania organizations to assess their practices and improvement processes using the Criteria
- Recognize organizations that practice outstanding processes and measurable continuous improvement toward performance excellence
- Disseminate information and encourage sharing of best practices
- Promote the understanding and requirements of customer-focused performance excellence
- Encourage partnerships among all organizations in business, education, health care and not-for-profit sectors toward performance excellence
- Improve the economic well-being and quality of life in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania